2014 Meeting Planning Professionals Survey
As a leader in customer satisfaction research, Feedback Systems is building a robust resource of valuable data for the meeting planning industry. We are proud to bring you the our first survey report, the 2014 Meeting Planning Professionals Survey e-Report.
Our goal with this survey is to gain a better understanding of current conditions within the “large meeting” marketplace. An online survey was employed to gain perspective based upon meeting planners’ recent experiences.
Specific objectives of the survey were to:
- Ascertain meeting planners’ biggest challenge(s)
- Gauge perceptions of current and future attendance
- Gauge the perception of out-of-block hotel bookings
Four key findings came out of the 2014 survey:
- The industry is ripe for logistics innovation to address meeting planners’ biggest challenges.
- Attendance growth is stagnant and expected to increase over the next three years.
- The majority of respondents report a high level of repeat attendance.
- While the majority of attendees book within the hotel block, out-of-block bookings can be costly.